April 28, 2021
Oktana is a custom software development company with offices across several countries in Latin America. With the majority of our customers based in the U.S., our team works in English.
We are searching for a part-time English instructor to teach and inspire our team members as they continue to improve their English. Our team ranges in skill level, but primarily seeks help with the complexities of casual conversation, like phrasal verbs and past perfect tense, to help build their confidence when speaking English with customers.
A typical day might include hosting several 1-hour English sessions with groups of 5-10 people to both learn and practice new material. This is a valued benefit and the highlight of the day for many, so it requires energy.
This role is remote and can be based in any country in Latin America. Ideal schedule is Monday through Friday 3-5pm & 6-8pm Eastern Time Zone (U.S.)
- Research, develop and deliver adaptable lesson plans based on feedback from team members using a range of appropriate techniques
- Address all aspects of communication through appropriate instruction that improves each team member’s ability to read, write, speak and listen
- Provide a nurturing, supportive and fun learning environment that encourages team members to participate
- Share cultural knowledge to build further confidence
- Share additional material or media the team can review between sessions
- Maintain records of team attendance and individual progress in terms of participation and growth in confidence in collaboration with Human Resources and Training teams
- Native English speaker OR native Spanish speaker with native-level English
- Experience teaching English to non-native speakers
- A charismatic personality, patience and passion for helping others
- Ability to work items through to completion with minimal direct supervision
- Willing to work a consistent schedule
- Stable internet connectivity
- American English proficiency
- Spanish language proficiency
- ESL certification or degree in related field
- Knowledge of software development or technology industry
Oktana is an equal opportunity employer. Oktana does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.