We are a Salesforce-focused development services company that enables organizations to deploy enterprise logic to the cloud. Whether the need is to design end to end applications or support existing internal engineering teams, we help guide and execute technology challenges successfully and affordably. With over ten years of experience on the Salesforce platform, our teams thrive in helping customers navigate the Salesforce product line effectively.
We’re looking at someone with more administrative (meaning tracking, communications, etc) than technical. The technical aspects of the role are so that there is a rudimentary understanding of what it is they’re tracking and communicating about.
Best way I can describe the actual role is that this individual will be working to build out the migration plan for our private cloud operations by leveraging Supportforce (salesforce tool) and other tracking tools, and using their communications skills to interact and collaborate with application owners and leadership to best define next steps and a path forward.
The technical aspect of the job is more so that they understand the conversations they’re having so that they’re not looking up the various keywords they’re using, as well as having an overall understanding of certain processes (such as the migration of a VM from SFM to PHX)
As a member of the Business Technology Platform Engineering team, this candidate will assist in the delivery of new capability and continuous improvement for the infrastructure systems, storage, and database technology services, whose usage spans across every department of the company. This role’s focus areas will be Systems Engineering, Data Centers, Public Cloud, and related services.
- Conduct extensive investigations into business use cases and requirements, clearly document, and communicate to engineers for the design of the solutions.
- Analyze data, conduct surveys, hold focus groups, and other meetings to facilitate the gathering of business needs and requirements.
- The output should accurately reflect the business value, backed up by key performance indicators around cost, productivity, time saved, or other tangible metrics.
- Analyze business requirements and translate them into the appropriate deliverables in an Agile delivery model.
- Document business level success metrics.
- Forecast infrastructure cost during project initiation of requirements and solutioning
- Infrastructure cost optimization
- Qualify business requests for submission through the project intake process.
- Engage with cross-functional IT teams to socialize business requirements and analyze options for technical solutions and ensure compliance with business objectives.
- Coordinate end to end lifecycle of pilots and UAT and testing.
- Business engagement throughout the execution of the projects to ensure a successful transition through communication, change management, training, and post-implementation support.
- Effectively collaborate and communicate with the functional stakeholders in various business groups and IT.
- Vendor engagement as needed.
- 8+ years working in Enterprise environments with over 4,000 systems as a Senior BSA or similar role
- Prior experience with IT Systems Engineering (Infrastructure) and Public Cloud (AWS) initiatives.
- Background in business process analysis, system requirements, as well as data modeling and detailed functional design
- Self-motivator who can proactively run with tasks and projects on their own
- Highly organized with superb documentation skills
- Ability to work on multiple efforts simultaneously, prioritize conflicting demands, and set expectations accordingly
- Customer service oriented with strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Great oral and written communication skills, able to effectively communicate with executives, business partners, and technical people
- Ability to work well and collaborate with other teams of various skill levels
- Ability to work in a global organization in multiple regions, including North America, EMEA, and APAC. Work during non-business hours may be required depending on business unit availability
- Prior experience with Jira
- Prior experience with IT infrastructure (e.g. VMware, Linux, Windows, etc.) and public cloud initiatives (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- AWS Cost Explorer, Simple Monthly Calculator, Budgets
- Business process development
- Experience with SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS
- Knowledge of general concepts in Information Technology
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodology
- One or more industry certifications
Oktana is an equal opportunity employer. Oktana does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.