This Salesforce Administrator Certification will help you have a better understanding of Salesforce CRM fundamentals and demonstrate your expertise and abilities in the platform. You should be able to maintain a Salesforce org, respond to frequent business requirements and inquiries, and last but not least, execute Salesforce administrative tasks. You will have knowledge of the features available for end-users as well as the configuration options available. Learn more about the Admin role and the skills they need to succeed, by completing this 10 minutes module on Trailhead.
Kevin, who has recently joined Oktana, became interested in Salesforce before joining our team. He had heard of Salesforce on another job, but he never really understood what Salesforce was. Time passed and he decided to finally study and get his first certification. Now he has completed this certification and believes that it is a great start for a Salesforce career path. Even though this is not a certification that requires development, it motivates you towards achieving even more certifications, such as Dev I.
About the exam:
The Salesforce Administrator Certification consists of 60 multiple choice questions and 5 additional non-scored questions to be answered in a 105 minutes exam. The passing score is 65% and the registration fee is USD 200, according to the laws of your country, extra applicable taxes may be required.
There are no official prerequisites for this certification, however, it is highly recommended to complete the Salesforce Trailhead Trailmix Prepare for Your Salesforce Administrator Credential before scheduling the exam. In this trail, you will find almost everything you need to know to pass the exam and ensure you’re an expert in the area. Additionally, we encourage you to complete the Study for the Administrator Certification Exam Trailmix to review your knowledge and learn more about the exam itself.
These Trailhead Superbadges can also be used before the exam to help prepare:
- Security Specialist: Flex your security muscles by locking down permissions and tracking changes.
- Lightning Experience Reports and Dashboards Specialists: Design powerful reports and an eye-catching dashboard to shine a light on your data.
- Business Administration Specialist: Brighten up a new business unit with the Salesforce tools the team needs to succeed.
The exam is structured around 12 main features and functions:
- Organizational Setup – 3%
- Salesforce Platform Basics
- User Authentication
- Preparing the Salesforce org for users
- User Setup – Weighting 7%
- User management
- Customization of an org to support new business units
- Security and Access – 13%
- Data Security
- Identity Basics
- Standard and Custom Objects – 14%
- Data modeling
- Lightning Experience Customization
- Customization of Salesforce Objects
- Sales and Marketing Applications – 14%
- Accounts and Contacts for Lighting experience
- Lead and Opportunities for Lightning experience
- Products, Quotes, and Contracts
- Campaign basics
- Customization of a Salesforce path for a team
- Service and Support Applications – 13%
- Service Cloud for Lightning experience
- Service Cloud Efficiency
- Knowledge Basics for Lightning experience
- Build a community with Knowledge and chat
- Activity Management and Collaboration – 3%
- Data Management – 10%
- Data Management
- Import and export with Data Management tools
- Analytics—Reports and Dashboards – 10%
- Reports and Dashboards for Lightning Experience
- Workflow/Process Automation – 8%
- Lightning Flow
- Desktop and Mobile Administration – 3%
- Lightning App builder
- AppExchange – 2%
- Appexchange basics
Kevin shared that the hardest topics for him were Service and Support because he did not have background expertise in the area. He also suggested paying extra attention to the reports-related modules because there is a wide variety of topics and can easily confuse you. He recommended not underestimating this certification and take extra time to review all features and functions before taking the exam to ensure that you have the knowledge you need to pass.
Even though the Salesforce Administrator Certification is in the career path of Quality Assurance and Devs, most usually start with the Dev I Certification. Kevin, on the other hand, recommends taking this certification first to get a solid foundation in Salesforce. It will help you take future certifications.
At Oktana, after new employees complete their one-month onboarding process they are ready to sit for this exam. We provide all the resources mentioned above as well as exam mockups and additional tips to ensure success.
We are now hiring! Check out our open positions here.